30 hours free childcare
In addition to the free 15 hours for 3 year olds, some 3 year old children may be entitled to an additional 15 hours.
The eligibility criteria is below:
You can usually get 30 hours free childcare if you (and your partner, if you have one) are:
- in work – or getting parental leave, sick leave or annual leave
- each earning at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week – this is £125.28 if you’re over 25
This earnings limit does not apply if you’re self-employed and started your business less than 12 months ago.
You’re not eligible if:
- your child does not usually live with you
- either you or your partner has a taxable income over £100,000
- you’re from outside the EEA and your UK residence card says you cannot access public funds
If you foster your child, you cannot apply online for 30 hours free childcare. Speak to your social worker and your local authority if you want to apply.
You can get 30 hours free childcare at the same time as claiming Universal Credit, tax credits, childcare vouchers or Tax-Free Childcare.
If you think you may be eligible, go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk to complete the application. Once complete, if you are eligible, you will be issued with a code which you need to share with us. As with the other grants, the funding starts the term after you apply. If you apply in June, the funding will start in September.